Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Catching Up

What a week the last week has been. Sickness, no school, frigid temps, more sickness, no school, frigid temps ... Cabin fever? Stir crazy? I mean, let's be honest here. I'm just going crazy, period. I've lost all of my Pinterest craftiness, we've done the whole "tossing boiling water outside" thing, attempted frozen bubbles ... I just don't have one more ounce of entertaining spirit or patience for the five million fights, hurt feelings and toddler screams (and NOT screams of delight). Who isn't? Gabe has been working first shift so by the time he gets home, I'm laced up and ready to leave.

See, running has become my therapy. I hate to use it as my "escape," though some nights, I'm escaping the chaos. But it's the one opportunity I have to get in tune with me: mind, body, spirit.

I realized tonight that I multitask waaaaaaay too much. I also learned that when my mind is put to a task and I need to focus, the moment I break that focus, it's all over. The last couple of runs I have ran, have left me with losing focus the last mile. Boy, when that happened, my body just feels like a sack of potatoes, and getting through the rest of the run is tough.

Totally translates to my life in general. Lots of things to change, but I'm so thankful for this opportunity to help me become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment